Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Starting over Tuesday 2008

I blew it big time with my calories yesterday coming in at 2300+ The only thing that saved my keister is that I burned 2450 calories with walking , climbing five flights of stairs twice at work and two hours of bowling. I probably burned more than that with my other daily activities but I dont feel like micro managing every single activity like typing, reading etc.

I want to keep my calories around 1800 a day. Some days I get close but it is usually on the MORE than that side of the number line. I need to get better at reducing how much I eat at night. I ate a tuna sandwich last night at the bowling alley because I was starved. Then when I got hom the family had ordered pizza so I warmed up two pieces of pizza and had a cinnamon stick. Then before I went to bed I had some cereal.

I guess I just rationalized the fact that I had gotten a lot of exercise on that day and it was ok to blow it a little bit. The problem with that justification is that I am not going to lose weight by doing that. I must eat less, eat right things and exercise more. Repeatr after me. I must

Eat less

Eat the right things

Exercise more

Msriff, I saw what you said and I am honored to be your friend and I will do whatever I can to encourage you. The truth of the matter is that we all need encouragement. We need to be willing to be transparent with one another and be honest about what is going on. Amen ?

We need to explore why it is we make bad life choices with regards to over eating etc. Some of us are emotional eaters and some of us (like me) have gotten where we are because we have made some terrible choices with regards to exercise and eating choices and now we are where we are at.

My choice in 2008 is to do whatever it takes to make the right choices so that I can lose weight. My goal is one lb per week. I think that goal is quite reasonable and I fully expect to lose more than that every week. My expectation is 1 lb and if more than that comes off then praise God.

One of the ways that we can support one another is by communicating BEFORE we blow it and stick the wrong thing in our mouth or get trapped by our emotions which can cause us to get down in the dumps and give up. Trust me when I say that I understand what it is to get depressed about life's circumstances. I have my days when I think about all the negative crap in my life and Just want to quit and say to HE** with all of it.

The only thing that bails me out of that mindset is my belief that God is real and that my faith in Him to keep his promises in His word gives me the HOPE I need to go forward. When the going gets tough I call out to Him and I say Abba father , please forgive me for my gluttony (and other sins or failurs) and help me to turn over the junk to you (He is more able to handle it than I) and give me the strength to carry on.

If you dont have that type of faith then you will be grasping at what the world has to offer and you will find yourself coming up short more times than not. If you are depending upon your own self determination and discipline and nothing else then you are going to be dissappointed. If you are thinking you can do this alone without reaching out to others then you will be in trouble.

Keep on keeping on and know that God loves you no matter how fat or skinny you are or perceive yourself to be. Lets all make the right choices with regards to life today with the idea that we want to be healthier in 2008.

Take care









James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: