Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday all over again

I had a busy weekend but managed to get some personal TO DO things accomplished. That is always a good thing. One of those tasks was to redo the church website and update it. One of the tasks was to wipe Vista OS off my laptop and put XP Professional back on it. Those two tasks took most of the day Saturday to accomplish. Luckily for me I was working with my buddy Luke from church so that was nice and made the time pass by nicely. I loaded Dreamweaver on my laptop so I can learn how to use it with regards to website design. I need to redo www.lightourworld.com as well.

Sunday consisted of Church and watching my favorite team give away the season to the NY Giants. I am still angry about that stupid mess. Dallas was penalized for so many stupid mistakes and their receivers could not catch a football unless you walk it to them and stick it in their hands for them. GRRRRRRR

I did ok with regards to calories. I asked my wife to go with me for a long walk to Wendys last night. We drove the truck out to the main road and walked on the lit up sidewalk. I guess it is about half a mile to Wendys and back. Other than that walk I had not gotten any exercise this weekend which is bad.

A friend of mine is offering to help me with paying for a BMI test in Mt Pleasant. That will tell me how many calories I burn per day and also give me a plan for what I need to be eating , how much and how frequently. My friend has been doing this for ten days and she is working out three times per week with a personal trainer. I am so proud of her and I am praying for her continued sucess with this.

I still do not understand how I burn 4300 calories per day and eat less than 2000 calories per day yet I still struggle to lose 1 lb per week? One of the things my friend told me last night on IM (she is a pharmacy doctor and really smart) is that when we eat refined sugars that there is an enzyme (?) chemical that is blocked that tells our body to burn fat. In other words our bodies are in starvation mode storing up the fat for a rainy day.

I am sure I have part of that wrong but I think I understand how that works. Less sugar for me indeed. I love sweet tea though..... Whaaaaaaaaaa OH HUSH UP you big baby... Do you want to lose weight or what?? YES.....

LOL..

Have a good day.








James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: