Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What an interesting day!!

It is 7:31 pm and I am holed up at church with my family. The church is a refuge in many ways for us. One way that it is a refuge is that we come here during bad weather events. Currently we have a string of thunderstorms heading up the East Coast so we are playing it safe and hanging out at the church. We are under a tornado watch and there could be hail and high wind. The reason we are hanging out at church is because I refuse to be in the double wide trailer that we call home when bad weather hits. How many videos have you seen where tornados have touched down and there were no trailers that got hit during the storm? I rest my case, there is almost always a trailer park that gets nailed. Call me chicken little or whatever, I am going to error on the side of caution. LOL....

My son Jeremy has a blog and you can find that at the following URL. http://germe.blogspot.com/ I really enjoyed reading what Jeremy had to say so give him a visit and say something if you want. I am so proud that he is in Junior College and doing so well. I am also proud that he is taking steps to taking off some extra pounds. Jeremy and I have that in common. I too need to watch what I eat, eat less of it and get more exercise. In the last couple of months I have really struggled in that area. I just have not had the mental energy or will power to get on the elliptical trainer. I am happy to say that I have been able to maintain the same weight within about 10 lbs. One week it comes off and I will leave it off and then two weeks later if I am not careful about what I stick in my head it is back. Grrrrrr
Anyway, lets see, what did I do today. This morning was pretty routine at the office. Our admin lady was out having outpatient surgery so the guys were pretty much on their own. Dave (sales dude) got to the office around 8 am this morning. We ate breakfast, chatted and generally had a pretty easy morning. For the last several months I have been working in the shop area since we had our senior engineer on site. However, Jerry has moved to the Greenville area and his office is now vacant. For the last couple of days I have been using his old office so that I could be closer to the other folks that work there. I get tired of having to walk from the front of the office to the back of the office multiple times per day especially when I am the only person there and the front door opens. Anyway, I decided that I did not like sitting in Jerry's old office so I went into the other side office near the front, cleaned it out, moved the desk and brought my stuff out of Jerry's office into it making it my own. I still have some things to do in order to get it where I want it but it is much cosier than sitting in the shop area where the desk is so darn small.
I went to lunch with a dear friend in Mt Pleasant and then went back to the Town of Summerville to check on a back up and talk to the town administrator about up coming tasks on their network. The weather started to get bad this afternoon around 4pm so when I got off of work around 4:30 pm I headed back to Mt Pleasant and had an early supper with my friend. I made it back to Duck Ditch USA around 7pm and the weather was about the same as it was in Mt Pleasant. Lots and lots of rain. So, here we are sitting at church waiting for the weather to settle down so we can go home.

No comments: