Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

I hope that you enjoy your day off IF you are one of the fortunate ones that get a day off on Good Friday. Our employer MIGHT let us go home early today if we are extremely LUCKY..... Then again, the motto around here is if you do not work you do not get paid so I suppose that I would rather just stay all day so I can get paid. I remember the days of working for a company that actually had benefits that included so many sick days per year or personal days just in case your life demanded that you get something done during normal business hours. I remember the days of getting paid /medical/vision/life insurance. Well, for me and for now those days are a thing of the past. I am thankful that I have a full time job and I get a pay check every two weeks. Thank you Jesus for my jobs. It takes a full time job and part time job for me and Katy works a full time job for us to make ends meet.
I just paid $2.01 per gallon to fill up my Pontiac Grand Prix SE. The total for that bill was 28.00 which is not anywhere near as bad as the lady that was filling up the Yukon which requires 80.00 worth of gasoline. OMG people, can you imagine filling up your vehicle and putting 80.00 worth of gas in it. Whew....... Can we say highway robbery folks?
Lets NOT forget that today is Good Friday. We will be showing the Passion of the Christ movie tonight at church at 7pm so that we can be "In Rememberance of Him". I am sure that there will be a lot of kleenex being passed around the sanctuary as we watch the portrayal of our Lord and Savior being stripped, beaten, mocked and then hung on a cruel Roman Cross for all the world to see. I can not even imagine the Love that is required to take upon the sins of the world past , present and future. For God so loved the world that He gave his ONLY begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him will have eternal life. A very familiar verse to most of us but unfortunately we seem to lose sight of it on a daily basis.
Sunday is the day that we will celebrate Easter and folks , let me remind you, it has nothing to do with the Easter bunny nor does it have to do with wearing your newest clothes to church. Easter has to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ where the prophecies of old are proven to be correct and Christ defeats sin and death once and for all.
I hope and pray that your mind and heart and spirit is focused on what is important this weekend as we walk down the road of life in the next three days. How significant and important these days are is all up to us.
God bless

No comments: