Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Jury is still out


if you go to http://moffittjc.myblogsite.com/blog you will see that i am playing around with the following new blogsite.

I am currently deliberating IF I want to really use this web site for my blogging needs. There are pro's and con's I suppose. One of the things that I like about this website interface is that it gives you a LOT of bells and whistles which in turn allows you to have a more interactive experience with your readers. That could be good or bad depending on how much WORK you want to put into your site. The nice thing about Blogger is that you use your bloggar application to post a simple message to your Blogspot.com website and you are done. No fuss , no muss. One application does it all. If you want to post pictures however you have to use an application by Piscea called Hello. You use that app to upload your pictures to your blog and it takes care of all the formatting etc. Presto, it is done in a snap which is pretty nice.
The downside to all the bells , whistles and options is that you find yourself doing way more WORK than you wanted to in the first place JUST to have the ability to notify people that you have posted a message to your blog. The flip side to this problem is for me to BEG people to embrace RSS and the appropriate RSS feed reader applications and just have them plug in my RSS syndicated feed and then they could get notice of new posts that way. The problem with the RSS reader app is that you need to use an RSS service or application that will put an app in your system tray that will notify you of new posts. Bloglines.com does just that.
This interface does allow you to import all of your past blogs into your new one here. However, it will take me about 30 minutes to completely reconfigure my blogger blog to make this happen and then I have to change everything back the way it was when I am done. I have over 400 messages so that would take me forever. NOT....
Well, there ya have it in a tiny cracked little nut shell. Bells and whistles and lots of work just for the ability of someone getting notified that I have driveled one more time in my blog. As I said in the article title here, the jury is still out on this....

ok, so here is the deal pickle. Yes, i am talking to YOU. You are the one that reads what I babble about so I am going to want to hear your input or feedback. Please look at the new blogsite and let me know what ou think. Do you like it better than Blogger because of the photo album, ability to subscribe and be notified via email etc. if only one person gives me feedback about this then I will not really know what you think so PLEASE take the time to reveiw both my main blogger here and the new blogsite at the url above and then leave me a comment either here or at the new site. Thanks so much for your assistance in this matter.

No comments: