Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Medifast meals

One of the most difficult things about a diet is the self discipline involved in making it a success.  Yesterday was day one on the 5 and 1 Medifast program and I have to say that I was not that successful.  I did good up until about 9 pm last night when I gave in and had a portion of chicken pot pie that my wife had made for the rest of the family.  I also had a bowl of honey nut cheerios around 11 pm.  The good news is that I did not gorge myself even though I was pretty hungry when I got home.  I understand that a lot of people have lost a lot of weight on this program and that in and of itself is testimonial itself to the success you can have.  The problem that I am struggling with is that I am going to have to be willing to starve myself in order to do it.  I understand that the "plan"  calls for 5 meals during the day every three hours and then a lean and green meal at the end of the day or whenever you would like to eat it.  The problem I am having with this plan is two fold.  Problem one is the meal is barely a snack.  The portions are VERY tiny and they leave you with the desire to have three times the amount of the suggested serving.  The second problem with the plan is that the meals suck.  If you listen to the marketing hype about the program you are left with the belief that you are going to enjoy the tasty meals every day and not even notice that you are eating prepackaged food that comes in little silver pouches.  I think that I have missed out on the brainwashing session where they were supposed to convince me of this.  This is day two and I am going to go forward and do the best I can.  Today I am going to try the chicken and rice soup for lunch and hopefully it will be better than the chicken noodle soup yesterday. All in all I think that this plan will help me to get away from fried foods and sweets and breads.  Even if I do not follow the plan 100% I think that it is going to help me begin to moderate what I eat and how much and hopefully that in and of itself will help me to start lose weight. 

Posted via email from chiefpropellerhead's posterous

1 comment:

CarolinaDreamz said...

I went through the whole medifast introduction, at MUSC, before I had my weight loss surgery.

I'm sorry it sucks, so bad.

You have the right attitude.. do the best that you can do and when you fail.. start back over, the very next meal.

Have you heard of the Full Bar? The hunger trigger is not being met with your smaller portions.. you need something that expands and give you the sensation of full, mentally.

I've seen some other health food store type things, that were just "space fillers" but I don't know anything, specific about them.

I went to see if I had the FullBars, still.. but they've expired, recently.

If I had a full stomach, FullBar would have worked for me. IT was too dense for my smaller stomach.

Losing weight, no matter how you do it, is extremely difficult. Its mind over matter..

Try to think of your program from a different perspective.. and follow it to the rule, as best as you can..