Thursday, November 09, 2006

Are the elections over with yet?

Please forgive me for not being politically correct with this next thought but I am SICK of all the TV, Newspaper and Radio ADS about the elections. I am also sick of the ongoing political analysis of all the so called experts. I know that this is all part of the political process and that it is a very important part of our democracy. All right all ready do we have to hear and see about it every single time we open our eyes? Not only are there TV Shows and News Commentaries about it but we also have commercials that regurgitate the same old thing. Do not vote for candidate A because he or she has this stance or blemish in their past. Vote for candidate B because they do not drink, chew or hang out with those that do. LOL.. Give me a break people. It all boils down to who is the best LIAR of the bunch and usually the best liar is the one that has the MOST money to spend to get the lies in front of us. How in the world can we KNOW for sure that this or that story is the real one? I know that there are those of you out there that are very adept at studying the issues and figuring out the issues and for that I commend you. As for me, I am hoping that the right people wind up in the right places and that the rich people do not continue to get rich and that the poor and middle income families are not continually milked for every single dime that they own so that can continue to happen.

When is our country going to stop paying people six figure incomes just because of the office that they hold? I once heard that after a congressman or woman leaves office that they still get some very nice salaries and benefits. Is that true? To me there is something horribly screwed up with the system. All in all it is the best system out there and for that I am thankful.




James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: