Monday, December 12, 2005

Blue Ribbon - pass this on please

I read this and I was reminded of how precious our children are. Not just my children, but YOUR children too. It is so easy for us to turn a blind eye towards the social ills all around us and this is but one. How many times have I come home upset about something at work or frustrated about the bills and lack of money and taken it out on my children? No, I have not gone to these extremes and it is probably only because of Jesus in me. However, there are dads out there and moms too who allow the pressures of this life to drive them to these extremes and their children and spouses become the victims. Needless victims if there are folks that live next door that are aware of the sounds of fighting time and time again. No one wants to get involved because it means it will cause friction between you and the folks involved. God give us the courage to be attentive to the problems around us and help us to be the solution, the hope and light to these people. Please forward this to all the people you know so that they too can be aware of the problem. Thanks



Sarah

My name is Sarah I am but three,My eyes are swollenI cannot see,
I must be stupid,I must be bad,What else could have madeMy daddy so mad?

I wish I were better,I wish I weren't ugly,Then maybe my Mommy would still want to hug me.
I can't speak at all,I can't do a wrong Or else I'm locked up All the day long.

When I awake I'm all aloneThe house is dark My folks aren't home.
When my Mommy does come I'll try and be nice, So maybe I'll get just One whipping tonight.Don't make a sound!I just heard a car My daddy is back>From Charlie's Bar.I hear him curse My name he callsI press myselfAgainst the wall.I try and hide>From his evil eyes I'm so afraid nowI'm starting to cry.He finds me weeping He shouts ugly words,He says its my faultThat he suffers at work.He slaps me and hits meAnd yells at me more,I finally get freeAnd I run for the door.
He's already locked itAnd I start to bawl,He takes me and throws meAgainst the hard wall.

I fall to the floorWith my bones nearly broken,And my daddy continues With more bad words spoken."I'm sorry!", I scream But its now much too late His face has been twisted Into unimaginable hate.The hurt and the pain Again and again Oh please God, have mercy !Oh please let it end!And he finally stops And heads for the door, While I lay there motionless Sprawled on the floor.My name is Sarah And I am but three,Tonight my daddy Murdered me.



No comments: