Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Outfoxed by a spud!!


Yes, that is right, I was outfoxed or out smarted by a spud... LOL...

I came home last night tired as can be. I had promised to take the family out for dinner so I came home, changed clothes and announced that if Katy wanted to go out to dinner she would have to drive. In my new position at Advantec Global Services I spend a good portion of my days driving around in Charleston traffic. So, when I get home the last thing I want to do is hop back in the car and do it again. The general rule is if I make it home and take off my shoes we are going to be eating from mommas kitchen. I think that Katy regrets that and she does everything that she can to sweet talk me into staying out in the car and meeting me out in the driveway. LOL...

When I got home Katy told me that she had rescued two puppies from certain doom. That is my Dr. Doolittle for you. Katy was on her way home off of Old Backriver Rd when she came to a stop sign and saw two puppies wandering around in the ditch close to the road. True to her nature her animal protection instincts kicked in and she brought home to HUGE puppies. So, on our way out to go to dinner Katy notices that there is a car behind the fence where she found the dogs. We made a pit stop and sure enough the owner was missing his babies. So, off to the house we go to get the puppies and Katy's wallet and cell phone that she had forgotten earlier. This time we pick up the kids, two puppies and headed back out to deliver the puppies to their rightful owner and finally go to dinner.

When we departed Old Back River enroute to Redbank to head over to Los Arcos Mexican restaurant in Goose Creek Katy advised me that she had again forgotten her wallet and her cell phone but that she did have a potatoe in her purse. A huge potatoe that was left overs from a science project in school that day. No wallet, no drivers license, no cell phone but she has a potatoe. You know what that means, after dinner you know who was driving down the road AGAIN despite my best laid plans to STAY out of the drivers seat. Sigh.... That is how I was outfoxed by a spud... LOL...

No comments: