Sunday, June 27, 2004

USB Challenged


As usual I spent most of my day in the computer service department hiding from the retail customers tinkering on this and that. My boss finally gave me the go ahead to configure a couple of machines for us to use in the shop which means I wont have to use the laptop anymore to get on the Internet and do my job. OH YEAH!! Go Goodwill , LOL.... I had a volunteer named Dave who came in to help all day Saturday which was nice. Dave is sponsored through a program called Americorp which is the American alternative to Peace Corp which is International. Dave told me that he lives in Michigan and that he spends a period of time traveling around the US doing volunteer work. When he is finished he will have 5,000.00 put into a college fund. Dave lives in Michigan and will be going home for the first time since Christmas of last year. Dave was an EXCELLENT worker who helped me completely clean up the shop and many other things. I found myself wishing that our work experience people were half as helpful as Dave was. Oh well.....

On another unrelated note I found myself fighting with my Pocket PC , USB and MS Active Sync last night. I could not get my Pocket PC (Ipaq) to synch with my computer. They just would not connect. Grrrrrr. So, for an hour last night I kept rebooting my computer, switching USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling the MS Active Synch software. To no avail. I finally thought "I wonder if I need to do a soft reset on my Ipaq to see if that will help". Sure enough, did a soft reset on the Ipaq, plugged it into the cradle and it was a USB marriage made for success. MS Active Synch did its thing and I am once again united with updated information from Outlook 2003. Wahooooo....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha--I knew as soon as you started describing your steps to resolve your syncing problem what you needed to do: the soft reset that you eventually did. I knew this because I have done the exact same thing before! Every so often, say 6 months, I will not be able to sync. It happens out of the blue. Thankfully the fix, once you know it, is simple.

Patty