Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Find out my name and use it folks!!

I was at work yesterday at Goodwill and this lady called on the phone. I sold her a computer this last Saturday. She said "Is the heavy set guy there that sold me the computer Saturday?"
When I asked her to clarify who she was looking for (in what department) she apologized for describing that person (me) in that way but she did not get his name. She told me that the heavy set guy sold her a computer. I finally confessed that I was the FAT BOY that sold her the computer. LOL....

I get SO tired of people saying "Hey BIG Guy" and describing me as "Heavy Set". Sometimes when a small person says "Hey Big Guy" I sometimes respond by saying "Hey Tiny Dude". LOL. I guess they get the point when I do that.
Good grief people just call me by my name or just dont speak to me at all. Am I the only person that gets tired of being labled because I am a BIG GUY?? I get sick of shallow people who have nothing better to do than to highlight the fact that I am a FAT BOY....

When I get depressed and/or ANGRY I sometimes think "oh what is the freaking use people???" But, that emotion usually does not last that long and I just figure the truth hurts and get on with living. ;)

This FAT BOY will be getting on the Cross Trainer this morning for 25 min before I meet a friend for breakfast and some war driving with my Ipaq. Instead of being depressed and angry about the problem I am going to chose to do something about it one day at a time.

God bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, James, I am sorry that happened to you. I love your determined attitude though to get on the TM and keep at it day by day.

Patty

James Moffitt said...

Thanks for the support my friend. Some people that share this planet with us have nothing better to do other than to be arrogant, self centered and judgmental as if they are better than everyone else. If they dont judge you for what you look like they will judge you by what you own or do not own or whatever. To those people I say simply this. Stick the mirror up in front of your nose and find out how long it will take to find something wrong with yourself. We all have imperfections, flaws and characteristics physically, emotionally, mentally and otherwise that makes us human and imperfect. I am so glad that we serve a loving God who does not judge us according to our appearance.