Monday, June 28, 2004

I am currently at Just Fresh on Rivers Avenue in Charleston using their wireless network and enjoying a cup of coffee.
I was able to successfully connect to the Thinkspot network with my Ipaq and send out several emails. I was able to configure my Outlook software on the Ipaq to send and receive my Bellsouth.net emails. I am not able to chat via MSN Messenger which is built into the Microsoft Mobile OS on the Ipaq which I find puzzling. I will have to research that soon. I am using the laptop to connect and send this blog before the battery on this thing dies. :(

Well, I am happy that I FINALLY made that magical wireless connection with the Ipaq. I also learned that while you can certainly war drive and walk and find stray wireless signals you have to find one that is STRONG enough to enable you to make the network connection and keep it or you will never make the trip successfully to the Internet.
That means that you need to be atleast within 50 feet of the front door of the establishment that is broadcasting a wireless signal if not inside to get a good enough signal.

Well, that is about it folks, hope you have a good evening and a good day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You did it! That is so cool! Wish I had been there......

Patty

James Moffitt said...

You may not have been there in the flesh but you certainly were there in the spirit. :)