Thursday, March 15, 2007

Connecting again with an old friend in Houston Texas






I was at lunch today when my cell phone rang. The caller id had unknown and I almost did not take the call especially being at lunch. Being curious I decided to answer it anyway and I was pleasantly surprised that I did. My long time friend from Houston Texas was on the line.
It was sort of funny because I had no clue who this person on the phone was. Casey Broussard finally identified himself and I almost fell out of my chair. Just the other day I was thinking about him and tried to use a Google Search to see if I could locate him.
Casey and I were roommates back in 1981 in Greenspoint which is suburb of Houston. At that time in my life I attended church with Casey over at First Baptist Church on Katy freeway where I eventually met my current wife Katy. I attended and graduated from the University of Houston Law Enforcement academy around August of 1982. I remember getting the marksman award for pistol shooting and they surprised me by giving me a small trophy. Casey's wife Amy at that time was wearing gloves and the trophy fell out of her hands and it broke in two. LOL... The important thing is that my friends were there to support me during this time of my life.
I remember how Casey used to like to go to Galveston Island and other little islands south of Houston to go surfing. It has been good to reconnect with an old friend and we are hoping to reconnect in person sometime in the next year or two. Thanks for taking the time to look me up brother Casey. May God bless you and your household.
James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

1 comment:

Robbyn said...

Oh my. Is that a recent pic? If so, he hasn't aged like you and I have!!! LOL.