Friday, November 17, 2006

Idiot drivers

Just this morning I am minding my own business and driving to work like I always do. I am in the far left lane, the fast lane, going up 526 getting ready to get onto I-26 to go downtown. We are zooming along around 60 to 65 mph when all of a sudden the lady in front of me puts on her right blinker to move over. Then the same lady starts putting on her brakes so she can slow down and get over two lanes. The problem is that there were cars right next to her going the same speed. That means that I went from 65 mph to around 45 to 50 mph within about 15 seconds while I waited for her to find the room to get over. If I had been not paying attention my SUV would have made her Honda Civic a snack. I was pretty upset about it so I blew my horn at the lady and then watched her as she exited the freeway. That caused her in turn to flip me the bird on her way down the ramp. Isn't that special?? I guess she has never heard about being courteous to other drivers. That means that if you miss your exit due to heavy traffic or poor planning or not paying attention do not make the rest of us have a wreck because you decide to slam on your brakes so that you can make a hole for yourself in traffic.



James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: