Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tropical Storm Troy arrives before Ernesto in Duck Ditch


When I woke up this morning I expected tropical storm Ernesto to be the one to take out our electricity sometime today. We figured that with the forecast for today that sometime beween 2pm and 8 pm that the full force of Ernesto would be upon us and we had a good chance of losing our lights. As the day has been progressing we have been getting a lot of rain from the tropical storm as it passes us going up the east coast. The weather forecasters are saying that we dodged this bullet for now and that the storm is going to hit up around Myrtle Beach or Willmington North Carolina.

I think it is pretty cool that we can add images to our blogs. It makes them come to life and gives you something to associate with the words. I am a weather watcher by nature because I absolutely HATE bad thunderstorms. One reason is because they have a tendency to spawn lightning, high winds and tornados. When bad weather events like this happen I am usually tuend in to any type of weather reports I can on whatever type of media be it cable tv, Internet or radio.
Unbeknown to me there was another tropical storm brewing and his name is Troy. I did not know that Tim the toolman has a cousin that is very closely related to him but apparently he does. Tropical storm troy came blowing into our house today and took out our power. As far as I know there was not any lightning or high wind or hail that came along with this storm but it took out the power anyway.
Troy happens to be our landlord and thanks to our main breaker dying a slow painful death this week he tried to get it fixed before Ernesto came into town. Little did Troy know that he would take out the power more efficiently than a thunderstorm. LOL.. I am happy to report that the storm did little damage and was very self healing as he found the correct part and got everything running smoothly in short order. I did have to smooth the feathers on the wifey unit when she came home with groceries and found out that we had an unplanned and unannounced electricity outage thanks to tropical storm Troy. LOL... I assured Katy that if anyone could fix the problem Troy could fix it. After all, Troy is a REAL man. hahahahahahaha There is a LONG story behind

No comments: