Friday, March 31, 2006

In loving memory of Hedy A. Moffitt Dec 16, 2005









In the picture you see my adoptive mom and dad. James C. Moffitt SR is pictured to the right standing next to my mom and his wife Hedy A. Moffitt. This picture was probably taken sometime between the years of 1982 and 1990 when my dad, James Moffitt Sr lost his battle with cancer. My dad was 60 years old when he passed away and had a successful career in the US Army where he retired and went back to school at East Texas State University and went to work as the TV Man at Terrell State University.
My mom, Hedy Auer Moffitt, died on December 16, 2005 as she too lost her battle with cancer. My dad was a native of Quinlan Texas and when he retired from the US Army in 1969 he moved his family back to his home town of Quinlan Texas. My dad met my mom in Frankfurt Germany at a bingo game. My mother is a native of Austria and was a translator for the Austrian embassy and spoke 20+ languages. My parents met, fell in love and married. After several unsuccessful pregnancies my parents decided to adopt my sister and I from an orphanage in Aschofenburg Germany. My sister Tanya was adopted first and then after the paperwork was signed a year later my dad said the nuns told him about me which peaked his interest. When my dad walked over to the crib and picked me up I supposedly took the hat off of his head and threw it across the room and laughed at him. From what I was told that stole his heart and he adopted me too. I am so thankful that I had my parents and that they brought us out of that environment and provided us with the medical care that we both desperately needed.
Tanya was blind in one eye and was not supposed to ever be able to drive and I had my right leg in a cast up to my knee and was never supposed to walk. Thanks to a lot of love, surgeries and therapy my sister was able to take her first eye exam without glasses and pass it and I was able to walk and play basketball for 6 years.
My parents, James and Hedy Moffitt are survived by their adopted children James C. Moffitt Jr and Tanya Lynn Moffitt who live in Charleston South Carolina and Canton Ohio. My parents are also survived by several brothers and sisters who still live in the Dallas Ft Worth area and several grand children.





James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
moffittj@bellsouth.net

No comments: