Thursday, January 26, 2006

Voice Hell


I love it when I call the customer service number for any company and get thrown into voice hell. You know what I am talking about. You are presented with an endless list of extensions for this department and that department by someone on the other line that has recorded this message for you and who probably could care less if you actually get your problem addressed. The message is intended to let you know that your phone call is being acknowledged and you can play around within the system but there is no promise that you are get any satisfaction from calling in.

Several days before my lightourworld.com domain was to expire I received e-mails from the domain registrar who hosts my domain saying " you need to renew before Jan 25th OR we will cut your domain off. I have not had the time to call between 8 am and 5pm Monday through Friday because I am too busy earning money to PAY the monthly hosting fees and yearly domain renewal fees. So, I tried my best to use the website control panel to renew my domain. I clicked on the appropriate Domain Renewal Link and saw instructions that stated " With three easy steps you can renew your domain". Guess what folks, someone at Fortunecity needs to take a look at their online documentation and compare it to what the control panel actually shows the customer. Does anyone edit or proofread what is being published at this website? Anyway, after much frustration I decided to write an email to fcbilling@fortunecity.net and asked them to PLEASE charge the domain renewal to my credit card that is already on file that they already charge my hosting fees to. How hard is that anyway? Guess what folks, they took out the 9.95 for the website hosting fee and then promptly canceled my domain. How special is that? LOL... I called Tech support for Fortune City and spoke to a very nice gentleman named Bill who advised me that because I failed to call in that his hands were tied and my domain had been canceled. He did tell me to write an email to the DNS folks to see if they could do something for me but due to their policies there was nothing he could do. Special......
If my domain is canceled and they do not help me to renew it post haste then I will be forced to spend my money elsewhere. If Fortune City is going to provide their customers with the ability to communicate with them via e-mail then they should have enough staff on hand to handle the e-mail in a timely fashion.

No comments: