Monday, August 22, 2005

Torture Machine Chronicles

On Saturday I motivated myself to get on the eliptical trainer that is sitting next ot my computer desk. I stayed on it for 20 minutes understanding that I would be punished for this by complaining muscle groups. Sure enough, true to form my body began to complain that evening. I was REALLY sore on Sunday and only a little sore today. So, I plan on getting on the TM every other day for a minimum of 30 min to start out. Today, I am proud to day that I stayed on the TM for 37 minutes. Wahooooo. Imagine that. Yeah, I know, more pain and soreness. I figure that eventually this will start to get less painful and I will be able to endure it better.
Not only am I motivating myself to get off the computer chair and TV couch to get on the TM I am also reminding myself of how I look in the picture that Katy took and I am reducing the calorie intake. I am still stuffing the face but just stuffing it less frequently and reducing the amount of junk I am putting there. LOL
Today I kept my calories under 2000 which for me is a MIRACLE. It is not quite 1500 calories but I am not sure that I really WANT to get that low with my calorie intake. After all, I dont want to shrivel up and blow away too fast aye? hahahahahahahahahaha
Baby steps, tiny little baby steps. One day at a time. Now all I need to do is to find some weights that I can play around with on my off day from the TM so I can start to tone up a little bit. I dont need to do any power lifting or anything but it would be nice to do some basic stuff like curls and bench press and such as that. I am toying with the idea of joining a gym (gasp) BUT we have other more pressing financial NEEDS that are hollering pretty loud. LOL...
Today was Katy's first day with an official classroom and real students as a fully qualified teacher and NOT a substitute teacher or assistant. From what I understand Katy made it through the day withot incident. Way to GO Katy!!!
Last night I watched the Panthers and Giants play one of their pre season games and Carlonia actually lost. That loss ruins their winning streak in pre season but that is ok. After they turned the ball over 6 times they should have expected to LOSE the game.
Tonight Dallas Cowgirls and Seattle Seahawks will throw down in Seattle. Why oh why do I torture myself and watch my team get the garbage kicked out of them? I guess I am hopeful that they will put a team together that knows how to play football again. I will let you know how sick I became while watching them or heck, who knows, they might actually win. LOL



James Moffitt
http://www.jesus-connect.net/jcmoffitt
moffittj@bellsouth.net

No comments: