Wednesday, August 24, 2005

There is not enough time in the day folks....


I was heading to bed when I checked my e-mail and noticed two things.


A. anonymous "voice from the past" posted a follow comment on WiFi security on the wrong post
B. I have experienced comment spam on this blog.
C. My picture which was pointing back to our old Jesus Connect Website was not showing up.


I had to fix these errors before I finally go to sleep tonight. Item A was easily remedied by removing the comment from the wrong post and re posting it using my log on so as to keep the conversation fluid and keep everyone on the same track.

Item B was easy to remedy by going in and turning off the ability for anyone to post without being a registered user. In other words if you have something to say you need to be willing to say who you are. If you register as something bizzare or rediculous like Donald Duck the comment you write will just be deleted and no one will get to read it other than myself. I also turned on a feature that forces people to read a string of letters and numbers and type them in in order to post a comment. That will keep any screen scraping computer programs from posting junk to my blog comments section.

Item C was easy to remedy by going to my mirror blog site and pointing the profile picture on one of my pictures there. Now the graphic is fixed and there are no mare place holders with red x's staring at us.

No comments: