Sunday, June 19, 2005

We all live in a Yellow Submarine

The only time I appreciate driving a sports utility vehicle when it raining is when I am driving it. I left Duck Ditch USA this afternoon at 2 pm and headed into downtown where it was obvious that it was raining quite hard. Sure enough the closer I got to downtown the harder the rain drops fell. I think that Charleston is 4 or 6 feet below sea level so when it rains for longer than 5 minutes the water starts to rise. It seems that when the water starts to rise the people who are driving in it have to find ways to drive even faster. The folks who own SUV's find great joy at speeding up and trying to completely engulf your vehicle in sheets and sheets of water as they plough through the standing water. I remember last year when I made the mistake of driving my caddilac with the windows open after it had rained because I got drenched when the SUV next to me hit 2 feet of water and went through it throwing a nice bunch of water into the right side of my head and the seat next to me. LOL... Despite the flood today I arrived safely at my destination and parked my baby in the parking garage where it is safe and sound.
Katy and I went to see Batman Begins yesterday. OH MY GOSH people. Just wait until you see the vehicle that he drives that is called The Tumbler. I want one of these for Christmas.

No comments: