Thursday, May 26, 2005

Blogging through Linux

This is way too cool boys and girls. I am logged on to the Internet using Knoppix 3.8. I know you are probably a bit sick and tired of me blathering about Linux but it is SO COOL. LOL... Ok, enough is enough, i will quit gloating now. Well, not really gloating just excited about a new OS that is DIFFERENT.

So far this evening I have booted our main machine which is a 1.4 ghz machine with 650 mb ram and tons of toys attached. No, I dont feel like listing everything just thought I would summarize the list. LOL... I noticed that this browser does not support rich text editing so I do not have any emoticons to share with you. Sigh... The bootable CD booted right up and it configured my Network Card for DHCP and the only device it is struggling with is my sound card. I can do without that for now I think. There are so many other applications, bells, whistles and gizmos to play with for now. I had Katy bring me a music cd so that I can test the sound and just before I hit the cd eject button I realized that I only have one cd rom device and guess what folks. The OS is running on it. Do I dare to do this and blow up my session BEFORE I save this blog? No, blogging must take a much higher priority right this second. I will try it later though and let you know what happened. LOL.. For now I will play with the version of Star Office and other applications and get back with you later. One thing I need to fix immediately is the resolution settings of the video. This font is WAY TOO tiny folks. I can barely see what I am typing here. LOL.. Later




James Moffitt
http://www.jesus-connect.net/jcmoffitt
moffittj@bellsouth.net

No comments: