Sunday, January 30, 2005

Lightourworld domain is born


time flies when you are having fun aye? It has been 8 days since I have blogged a thing. Goodness gracious folks it is not like me to be this quiet. LOL... We have been living in a winter wonderland here in the deep south. our temps have been hovering near freezing for the last week. We are paying dearly for the tropical weather we had a couple of weeks ago. Luckily for us though we have dodged the "ice storm" bullet that our upstate neighbors were not able to dodge. The upstate of SC, NC and Georgia all got nailed with some pretty harsh winter weather.

We owe we owe off to work we go has been our song as of late. i am working 7 days per week as usual and Katy has been busy doing long term sub assignments which has really been a big boost to the budget. We have been waiting for the state of SC to send Katy her temporary teaching certificate to find out that her fingerprint cards were rejected by the FBI so that means we need to get her finger prints done all over again. We also found out that she needs to get an official transcript from the University of Texas. Katy thought that part of the 75.00 fee was to pay for the offical transcript but now we find out that it is not. You have to pay for that seperately. Katy did get a call from MUSC just this last week and they are interested in her for the Activities Coordinator position in the STAR program at MUSC. Katy is hopeful of landing this position since it would be full time with benefits working with children which is what she loves to do. Hopefully she will be interviewed again for a second interview some time this next week.

Lightourworld.com has been launched but for now it is still in the infancy stages. Our long time family website is offline for now thanks to the lack of DNS registration issues. Katy is going to be working on the process of uploading our files to the new server in the next week or two so please be patient while we rebuild. I will be FINALLY taking the dreaded A+ exam on next Friday at Trident Technical college. So, if you think about it on next Friday around 9 am say a prayer that I will have a clear mind and that pre test jitters dont cause me to have brain freeze. LOL... I have been studying for this exam now for several months so I am either ready to ace this thing or I am not. Once I pass this i will be working on my Windows 2003 server exam. My hope is to have my MCSA status by no later than the end of this year. i can do it, I CAN DO IT.... LOL... I feel like the little train that said " I think I CAN, I think I CAN...."

Well, enough drivel for now, time to hit the shower and make myself presentable for church this morning and then it is off to the county office building for my 8 hour tour as usual. Have a NICE day no matter what you find yourself doing today.

No comments: