Sunday, September 12, 2004

Web blues

Well , I am NOT too happy about the fact that Lifeclinic.com is DEAD.... The website has been down since yesterday afternoon. SHOOT..... That is really not the word that I was thinking about BUT you get the point. Imagine me hopping up and down for a few moments... LOL... Anyway, I had not realized it until NOW but I had become VERY comfortable with keeping track of my Blood Pressure and Calories on this website every day. I sometimes will visit multiple times per day to track what I am eating etc. I did a traceroute on the domain today and my results were UNKNOWN HOST. That means that not only the server is DOWN but the DNS servers don't even recognize the domain name which is NOT good. Sigh.... Hopefully it will come back to life in the next 24 to 48 hours. If not I will be forced to purchase tracking software that is not dependent upon Internet connectivity. I have been researching some products this morning and have found some pretty good ones. Of course, none of them are FREE. There are some WEB based sites that give you a FREE basic tracking functionality but NOTHING like what Lifeclinic.com gave me. SHOOTSKIE.....

The weather here has been overcast and drizzling on and off all day. What a dreary looking mess we live in here in Duck Ditch USA. Actually, the weather is so ugly looking I think the ducks have migrated to Hawaii or some other location South that is NOT in the direct line of Hurricane Ivan who has killed 50+ people thus far as it has tracked across the Carribean. Sigh... The forecast thus far is that Ivan is going to turn North around Monday and plow into the Florida Pan Handle and track up through Georgia , Upstate SC and then up into the Eastern Coast by Wed or Thursday which means at very least we will get a LOT of rain. Can you say FLOODING in Charleston SC? All we need is a thunderstorm to dump 2 inches of water and downtown Charleston is in knee deep water. JOY....

Well, time to go to church so I need to yank myself off this keyboard and get ready.

Peace be with you!!

No comments: