Saturday, September 18, 2004

Hurricanes, puppies needing new homes and health updates

Ivan missed us and IF the high pressure ridge stays in place over South Carolina so will Hurricane Jeanne. If that does happen that means that FLORIDA or Georgia could get creamed. Once Jeanne does what she is going to do then we have Hurricane Carl who is going to probably be a hurricane as well. Sigh.... All I know is I will be HAPPY when Hurricane Season is OVER.


After driving around in circles the other night we found St Paul Episcopal church in Summerville and got in line with about 30 other folks to be seen by the physician who was on duty for that evening. Apparently they have three physicians and support staff that offer their services free of charge to the community every Thursday. What a blessing that is for folks like us that have no health insurance. Katy got the prescription she needed for her Rostacia medicine and I get the prescription I needed for hypertension medicine and cholesterol. I wont start taking Lipitor until after the free blood screening at Walmart today.

I am happy to report that my blood pressure is going down after being on this medicine for only one day. Wahoooooo! I actually even feel better because of that. I dont feel like I am taking speed anymore. What a nice feeling that is for a change. My last reading was 136/87 with a pulse of 79. We are not there YET but it is certainly much better than the average 151/95 (or higher) that I have been having over the last month or two. Well, shoot, probably longer than that since I have just begun to monitor it closely.

I got my A+ Examcram book in the mail the other day so while I was at work yesterday scanning folks for weapons I managed to study 6 chapters. I have 5 chapters to go and then chapter 12 is the practice test. I also have software that came with it that has more practice questions. Once I get to the point where I can pass all the practice tests with a 90% sucess rate then I will feel ready for the test. I am glad that most of this material is mostly an overview of what I already know and a refresher on those mundane detailed technical mumbo jumbo that I have long since forgotten.

I tried to upload pictures of these FIVE puppies to my blog via Hello but "HELLO PEOPLE" it did not work. Sigh.... I just hate it when things just dont work when you NEED for it to or expect it to. Oh well, you will just have to take my word for it, these boogers are just downright cute. LOL... These puppies are hopefully going to find a new home very soon!!
Ya KNOW you just WANT one, dont you?? LOL....




No comments: