Saturday, June 12, 2004

Bonding with my newest elliptical trainer


Ok, I finally did it!! I found a Pro-Form 545E elliptical trainer at Goodwill where I work and it cost me a whopping $4.99!! I had something like this about 2 or 3 years ago when we lived in Bluffton and I paid a LOT more for it than this one. The one I had in Bluffton was electrical and had more computerized workout programs and monitored my pulse etc. This one has the arm motion for cross training and is self powered. That works for me because the payment is PAID in FULL!!

It is a good thing I have been walking 1.6 miles several times per week because this gadget really gave me a workout in the short time I was on it. Here are some of the measurements it gave me about my workout this evening.


30 minutes
.88 miles
1.7 mph average speed
167.2 Calories burned
52.8 Fat calories burned


How many calories does it take to loose one pound you might ask.... Would you believe 2000 ?? LOL... That is right folks. You have to burn 2000 calories to loose one pound. That also means that while you are burning calories you need to REDUCE your calorie intake and INCREASE your water intake by 8 glasses of water per day.

Ok, now I do not have an excuse about getting a workout. I have this thing sitting in my kitchen right next to the refrigerator. I have a choice. Do I go to the refrigerator and EAT or do I climb on this thing and shed some of these unwanted pounds?? LOL... I can hear it now. You have the elliptical trainer next to your refrigerator?? Is that sort of crazy? Yes, actually it is. Then again, we are VERY limited to space and it needs to be in this part of the house so I can turn the music up when I work out.



No comments: