Monday, January 05, 2004

My dogs are barking


No, I am not talking about Sammy or Angel even though they do tend to bark on a regular basis. The dogs I am talking about are my feet who are not very happy with me at the moment. I spent the last three days working a 3 to 11pm shift at the County Office Building which included making rounds in a 9 story parking garage. I can not begin to tell you how much fun that was. NOT..... I know, I am reminding myself of the fact that it IS a JOB. I was scheduled to work today from 3pm to 11pm BUT I will be bowling tonight instead. I advised my company that I go to church Sunday morning and bowl on Monday evening and that I can work OTHER hours during those days. Nevertheless they scheduled me anyway. I called the on call supervisor at 6:30 am on Saturday as I was headed to a 7 am to 3pm shift and woke him up to advise him of my NEED to be off today so I can bowl. He was not too happy that I called him at 6:30 am. Oh well.... The joys of supervision at a security company. heheheheheheh

Lets see, now for the fun stuff. We experienced the following events this morning before we got up to start our day.

UAD = Unexpected Appliance Death
UTW = Unexpected Trip to Wallyworld
UBA = Unexpected Bill Arrival
SHS = Scheduled Hammering Session


Katy was awakened by our Terrier Sammy at 6 am wanting to experience a UPB (Unscheduled Potty Break) so she got up and let him outside to do his business. Then Katy attempted to initiate a SCP (Scheduled Coffee Percolation) which failed miserably in a UAD (see above). That in turn caused Katy to experience a URTPIB (unscheduled Return To Prone Position in Bed) where she lamented the fact that the light was on with the coffee maker but no one was home. At this point I am awake faced with having an NDC event (NO DARN COFFEE) which in turn meant that I would soon experience a UTW (see above please). Once we meandered back from WallyWorld I went to the mailbox (huge mistake) and experienced the UBA (see above) and then wandered back down the hill to be advised by Katy that she needed to experience a SHS (see above) so that she could hang some pictures.

I dont know if I can handle any more scheduled or unscheduled events at this point. Hopefully the coffee will be ready and I can get on with the rest of my day. LOL....

No comments: