Sunday, November 02, 2003

Displaced Make Do in Calif. Shelters (washingtonpost.com)

Displaced Make Do in Calif. Shelters (washingtonpost.com)

Just when I thought that I endured a week this side of hell I read an article like this one. Thanks to information over load most people find themselves deluged with more news stories than we have time to read them. More often than not a lot of folks are probably paying attention to what is going on in Iraq instead of paying attention to what is going on right here in our own Nation.

When I read this article it reminded me of how blessed I truly am. By some standards where I live and what we live in probably does not measure up to what some may be comfortable with. Nevertheless my family and I have a safe place to live which provides us with the necessities of life and then some. I was reminded of this again as I read of the displacement and loss of thousands of Califronia residents who have lost everything due to the raging fires. I would encourage you to take the time to read this article and then to pray for those folks. Most of us reading this probably do not have the time or means to make a trip to California to help those that are less fortunate than ourselves. However we can pray and we can make small donations to the American Red Cross via their website so that we can do "our" part to help. When everyone does a small part all of a sudden there is a LOT of help being given to those that need it.

Life is God's gift to us, what we do with it is our gift back to God and those around us. Pay it forward!

God bless

No comments: