Friday, October 17, 2003

Ya got to love it folks!


I spent all week in St. Louis Missouri learning how to be a BETTER sales person. I learned the 7 step sales process. I actually learned a lot from this course. I have stayed at better hotels and eaten better food but all in all the experience was positive.

Today I got my first commission check. When I looked at it I thought that there was something wrong with the amount. So, I pulled out my commission sheet to find out that in fact I should have gotten much more than the amount on my check. After investigating further and talking to my manager I was told that instead of my getting training pay that what I was really getting was a draw on my potential sales. That is NOT what I was told verbally by my manager. I was told that I would receive training pay and that as soon as I started to make sales that the training pay would stop and I would receive the commissions I earned. So, I am in a lose lose scenario with the manager. I guess that when I signed the paperwork at the beginning I should have double checked all the fine print with regards to the so called "garuntee" that he spoke about today. That also means that the next two months if I do not make enough sales that they will deduct my "garuntee" from those commission checks as well.

As you can imagine I was NOT a happy camper. My motiation to go out and sell went to ZERO..... As it stands right now I am looking for somewhere else to donate my time and talents. On a positive note it appears that Katy might be doing some substitute teaching in about a week for both Berkeley County and Charleston County.

Gosh, all of that training , for what??

No comments: