Tuesday, January 29, 2002

Windows XP Professional and Office XP update

Alrighty then. Can we say HAVING FUN at the OK Coral ? I thought that I would update my travels down XP udate lane for those of you that might be interested.

I took the time to submit my blog to MANY MANY search engines to widen my drivel horizons in cyberspace. Right now I believe I have approximately 3 people that read this. We MUST increase our readership. I think......

The Office XP install went just fine EXCEPT for file location and load errors in Outlook 2002 (aka version 10). When Outlook came up it had about 4 different .dll files it was thinking it was supposed to load and never found them. Therefore it regurgitated while I hit the enter key 5 times.
After much fuss I finally figured out that the only way I was going to get rid of the software configuration nightmare was to log in as administrator on the local box and flush my user profile. I did that AFTER uninstalling the application suite and cleaning out the registry for each file that was mentioned during the error process. That did no good. I even tried to wipe the application suite from my C drive and reinstall in D drive. Office XP would NOT install to D drive no matter what I did.

Problem solved. The only ugly part to this is that I lost all of my favorites and my Outlook Express e-mail. Since I have all of it on my home network it is NO BIG DEAL. The important thing is that everything is working correctly without errors. :)

No comments: