Friday, November 27, 2009

Auto Dialer Hell (rant)

I am taking a break in the Happy Birthday mood that I was in to share my experience with what I will call "Auto Dialer Hell". 

As we all know the economy sucks and I am like most folks in that I find myself over extended with more bills than money.  This has irritated my credit union to the point that they have entered our account information into their nifty little auto dialer which dutifully calls us every single day. 

I do not have a problem with the credit union calling me to make payment arrangements with me on the auto loan and the personal loan I have with them.  If I am late and I have not communicated with them then I certainly expect letters in the mail and phone calls.  The only problem I have with them is the mindless auto dialer which totally ignores any and all arrangements that I have made with the credit union personell.  I thought that payment arrangements were made in order to keep the relationship between the creditor and myself in good standing and to satisfy the terms of the loan.  I guess the auto dialer hell that has been imposed upon me and my family is designed to punish us for being slackers and not paying our bills on time.  Obviously we are doing this on purpose because we are dead beat consumers who really dont care about our bills and would go out of our way to hoard our money and not pay the bills. 

This morning auto dialer hell connected with us once again and I spoke to this poor lady who is only doing her job.  The conversation started out like this.  "Hello I am calling you about your past due loan sir."  The conversation went pretty well up until the lady told me that we had not kept our payment arrangement with the credit union.  I asked her to please read the notes on the account and tell me if I had not made arrangements to pay on the 30th of November.  "Oh yes, I see that now but you have not made a payment yet."  I told the lady that I had two problems with that.  It is not the 30th of November yet and I did make the payment on the 24th in person at one of the branches.  The lady told me , "no sir you did not make a payment yet."  At this point I am over my Happy Birthday mood and I got grouchy with her.  I asked her, "are you calling me a liar?"  "Oh no sir, absolutely not" she replied.   Again, I tell the lady I DID make the payment on the 24th AND it is 6 days BEFORE the 30th.  Does that not fulfill the arrangements I made with the bank? All of a sudden this lady finds the information on her computer screen and acknowledges I made the truck payment per our arrangements with the bank.  Now the lady wants to know why I have not made the payment on the personal loan yet.  I asked her again, is it the 30th of November yet?  At this point she totally dismisses the fact that I did keep the arrangment and continues to tell me that despite my conversation with the bank EVERY DAY and the copious amount of notes on the computer that they will continue to use "auto dialer hell" to irritate me to the point that I want to throw the phone over the fence in the back yard. 

I understand the need for the credit union to make every effort to communicate with their customers and work out arrangements to get the payments due on accounts. At some point once the credit union has made arrangements with the consumer and the consumer is fulfilling the said arrangements I believe that this should earn a measure of trust and the bank should remove people from auto dialer hell up to the point that the consumer breaks the arrangement and it is necessary to pester the living crap out of them to bring them back into compliance.  I do not think that is an unreasonable thought.  Ok, thanks for listening to this rant.  I had to get it off my chest.  I am now going back to my Happy Birthday mood and I am going to unplug the stupid telephone and let the dog bury it in the back yard. 

Fetch Willie ---------wheeeeeee  Pictures to follow....

 

 

 

Posted via web from chiefpropellerhead's posterous

No comments: