Friday, October 23, 2009

Better choices

I am on day 11 of making better choices for life.  As of day 11 I am 15 lbs lighter and I am happy about that.  I contribute my success thus far to making some very tough decisions.  The criteria for what I stick in my mouth is simple.  Is this healthy food or is this junk?  Am I really hungry or am I just being an emotional eater that needs to have a quick fix and feel good?  The Medifast meal program is forcing me to limit how much I eat and it is changing my eating habits one day at a time.  The key to my success will be my understanding that my need to lose weight far outweighs my want for the food I am used to eating.  If I want to lose weight I must make drastic changes.  Only I can do this, no one else can do it for me.  My desire to lose weight is growing as I watch the lbs come off and the clothes I have fit better.  Some other motivational after affects of my new and better choices is that my blood pressure has dropped several points and stayed down. My flexibility has improved some as well which is nice. My short term goal is to lose 20 lbs so that means I need to lose five more lbs.  My medium range goal is to lose 40 lbs which will be awesome if I can keep this up. 

I am on week 9 of the fall semester at Trident Technical College and I am doing very well much to my surprise.  I have managed to figure out a system that helps me to stay organized with all four of my classes and I have a set schedule that I follow.  I am glad that I have been able to keep up with everything thus far and have managed to make good grades.   

Posted via web from chiefpropellerhead's posterous

No comments: