Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bicycle thieves

I have been reminded that you can not trust most folks as far as you can throw them. If you want to hang on to your stuff be sure to lock it up or nail it down. If you do not some thief will come along and take it as if it belongs to them. In all actuality they are the thief and I am the idiot for not locking down the two bicycles on my porch. I live at Devon Pointe townhomes next to Wal-Mart on Hwy 176 in Goose Creek. The bicycles were actually donated to us by a friend of ours several months ago. Living at Devon Pointe is not exactly what I would call cheap. I made the mistake of assuming that most of the folks who live here are hard working honest folks who earn a decent living and do not have a need to steal from their neighbors. Then again, who knows, perhaps it was someone from Devon Forrest who lives right down the street from us. This is also a very nice neighborhood where folks appear to be able to afford their own bicycles. I am assuming that someone from the neighborhood behind our complex walked through here early this morning or while we were at church and just helped them selves to the bike. Either way I guess they must have needed the bike worse than we did since they had to stoop to stealing it. Whomever you are , I hope you enjoy the use of these bicycles. The next bicycles that I purchase for my children will certainly be locked up behind a closed door.

James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
chiefpropellerhead@comcast.net

No comments: