Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good choices

I went over to the hungry cougar this morning and smelled the smells of eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy and biscuits. I overcame the urge to splurge and get what I wanted. It was difficult but I know that if I justify eating what I want when I want to then I will never get this weight off. Instead I got Kellogs Special K cereal , 2% milk and a banana for breakfast.

Last night at bowling one of the ladies on the other team who has known me for several years asked me if I had been losing weight. I told her yes and she said that she could tell and for me to keep it up. I was able to share with her some of the things that I have learned about exercise, eating right and cutting out some of the junk out of my diet. She was impressed and supportive. Her telling me that I was losing weight has given me the courage to keep doing what I need to do.

My weight loss is the right choice so that I can enjoy a better quality of life and hopefully extend the longevity of life as well. My goal is to lose a minimum of 1 lb per week and I will be successful if I make the right choices one meal at a time.


James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: