Thursday, November 01, 2007

BLT with Potatoe Salad anyone?

Last night my wife picked me up from work and we drove straight over to Sandpiper Lanes so that I could pre bowl yesterday for the league games that I normally would bowl tonight. I cant attend league bowling tonight because our Praise Team at church has practice from 7 pm to 9:30 pm for an upcoming engagement at a church on the Isle of Palms this Saturday at 2 pm.
We got to the bowling alley and I bowled one practice game on lane 30 and rolled a 147. Since I have a whopping 126 average on this particular league I was pretty happy about that. AFter the practice game I moved over to lanes 31 and 32 for my three games which will count for score tonight. My first game was a 127 , second game a dismal 113 and my third game a 145. I hit my average two games out of three and my total average was around 128. That would be better than bowling me blind at 10 pins below average or getting a substitute bowler that bowled worse than my scores. Now that I think about it they probably would have been better off with a substitute bowler. Oh well, hind sight is always 20/20.
After bowling we went from N Charleston to Goose Creek (aka Duck Ditch USA) where we live and decided to go to Ye Old Fashioned for dinner. This establishment is pretty nice and sort of reminds you of a Dairy Queen or whatever. Most of the folks that work there are usually teenagers who are earning money after school hours and they do a pretty good job mostly. Last night I ordered a Dagwood sandwich with two meats and two cheeses of my choice and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I am not much of a fan of chicken noodle soup but they told me that it was very good. I stepped out in faith and decided to try it. We paid the bill and sat down to eat in a restaurant tha was pretty empty. I guess there were two other couples in there other than us and the employees.
We had 40 minutes to eat our food and then pick up our kids and then go home by 9 pm so I could see the show Bionic Woman. I am sort of fond of the new show and I decided that we would need to get the show on the road so I could make this happen. We got our drinks very quickly and my soup. I have to say that this was the BEST chicken noodle soup that I have ever tasted. It was very good and was served steaming hot with saltine crackers. As I sat there eating my soup and crackers and sipping my tea I thought about how I would blog this experience to let the folks in Goose Creek (and beyond) what a nice experience we had. This is where the experience went from nice to slightly silly.
It was approximately 8:40 pm and all we had gotten was our drinks and soup and the other food was no where in sight. When I realized that we would be running late I decided that we should grab the main dish as a to go item and just eat it at home in front of the idiot box. My wife agreed and off to the counter we went to advise the kids of our decision. The kids (employees) said ok, not a problem and began to move the food from the paper plates to a to go bag. The Dagwood went in first and then we watched one of the teenage boys making my wife's BLT sandwich. There were three pieces of toast, lettuce, bacon etc. Then the boy begins to pile on a big helping of what I thought was tuna fish on the sandwich. I was in a hurry and thought this is strange for a BLT but ok, lets just do this and go. Since this was my wife's sandwhich she was paying more attention to the details and saw that it was not tuna fish but instead it was potatoe salad being put on her sandwich. My wife turned to me and said, honey why is he putting potatoe salad on my BLT. I said, honey, I have no clue why he is doing that. LOL
I got the attention of the boy by that time who had turned around and asked him what kind of sandwich he was making. He just sort of looked at us and then looked at the order and said you ordered a BLT and potatoe salad. At this point the adult supervisor comes over and says " lets do this sandwich over". By this time my wife and I were sitting at the counter just giggling like a couple of school girls at the fact that this kid put a heaping helping of potatoe salad on her BLT.
All in all we still had a good experience and the food was good once we got it seperated out into the appropriate individual servings. LOL...






James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: