Monday, April 02, 2007

Keeping in Real

My life helps paint my neighbor's picture of God.

That is the quote at the bottom of my daily bread. I actually took time out to read todays morsel from God's word. Yeah me!! I am like you in that I get very busy with this and that here at work and life just seems to consume me.

Just the other day at work I characterized the waiters at LaHacienda as "bean burners" in front of my non christian boss and one of my christian co workers. I had eaten lunch at LaHacienda and got a tea to go as is my normal routine. Several hours later I looked in the bottom of my cup and found a rumpled up lump of something or the other. I fished it out to find out it was a receipt that had accidentally gotten thrown in there. I went back to LaHacienda and showed it to them and they promptly refunded me the funds for lunch and were pretty nice about it.

As I recounted the story to my co worker and my boss I did not need to label the waiters as "bean burners". LOL... In my mind I was not trying to be ugly or offensive however my labeling these workers in such a way was not very Christ like. My christian friend was sure to remind me of this after my boss left our presence and I realized how it sounded. I was not reflecting christ like values in my conversation which means that I was not filtering my conversation through Phillipians 4:8. The picture I was painting for my neighbor "boss" was not very flattering to say the least.

My life helps paint my neighbor's picture of God.

As we live our lives today ask God the Father to give us the ability to filter our actions, thoughts and deeds through Phillipians 4:8 which says

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things

If we can do that then perhaps our neighbors will see that difference in our lives that will not only attract them to the Lord but also bring glory and honor to Him whom we call Christ.

God bless







James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: