Wednesday, April 25, 2007

esnips

My friend zoom zoom told me the other day that I had a TON of hits on my esnips page. I was like , say do what? Sure enough, I have had a lot of hits on this page and some comments were made. Guess what folks? When you change ISP's and your e-mail changes you can NOT change your e-mail address on esnips. Sigh.... So, I finally revisited my esnips account and realized how much I did miss it. I do have a lot of stuff on here. However, I am working with tech support to try and resolve this.

I was told the solution was to create a new site with my new email address. Then share ALL of my folders on this site have to be shared and then I have to invite this site over to the new site and PRESTO somehow all the data can be moved. It sound easy, it smells easy, it tastes easy but it does not appear to be as easy as they told me. LOL... I have everything shared on this site but I have no clue how to invite this site to visit my new site. I only see a way to invite a PERSON via their email account and if I do that then guess what. My old email account will not respond and if it does it will be because some other human has access to it on Bellsouth. I dont want to do that.



The other problem I have on my new site with the CORRECT email address is that I can NOT create a new folder. I do not care how I try to do it, I can not create a new folder. That means that the new site is all but useless. Anyone need a boat anchor? Ok, maybe it is too light to do that.



Now on to the OTHER issue I am dealing with. I tried to install the esnips toolbar add on to my laptop which is running Vista Ultimate and my Dell workstation at work which is running Vista Business. Guess what folks, it does not work with a flip... I know, esnips has never said that their product would work with Vista and IE7. I have living experience that will tell you not to waste your time. It was sort of funny at work because the dual core cpu's in my Dell pegged at 100% and the 2 gb of ram went to about 65% and then the esnips app would not connect. I thought at first that maybe it was being blocked by the networking group here at work but then again I had the same problems at home with my comcast high speed internet connection.



I LOVE you Esnips and I am waiting patiently and somewhat verbally for you to help me with my new account so I can get to saving all kinds of cool stuff.



Thanks


James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: