Monday, January 29, 2007

Fortune City gets reprieve and apology

Our domain , Lightourworld, is back online. I found out this morning that what killed it was that my domain expired on 1/25/07. Fortunecity told me that they automagically send out renewal notices to the e-mail account that is registered within the domain name registration portion of my account. I had changed my e-mail address after we registered the domain and I had gone into the Fortunecity billing website and changed my information but I had not gone into the domain services website and change it there. Therefore all the e-mail notifications that I was being sent bounced back to them. OOOOOOPS.... My apologies to Fortunecity for jumping the gun and being a tad bit peeved about loss of service. It appears that my forgetfullness caused our website and e-mail services to go offline for the weekend. Luckily for us we were not hosting an ecommerce site and I did not lose potential sales. I need to remember to register that domain for several years so that I can be ahead of the game from now on. I will also say that instead of the domain being down for another 24 to 48 hours that it has reappeared within several hours instead. Thanks Fortunecity....





James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: