Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Starting over

I am starting over today with counting calories. I made the mistake of stepping on the scales yesterday and I gained 10 lbs. I was off work for six days and so my activity level decreased and I probably ate about the same amount of food which equals to gained weight. I can also tell that I feel worse because of the extra weight I am not used to carrying.

I had Katy get me a six pack of slim fast and fruit for me to eat for breakfast. Thus far today I have had 660 calories between breakfast and lunch. My problem has always been at night when I am sitting in front of the TV or my laptop and I get the munchies late at night and think I need to eat. I also need to motivate myself to go to the gym once per day and do 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical trainer. Any exercise vs no exercise is beneficial. I need to do this for my health. I spent 3 months at the gym this year and lost 20 lbs and then I guess I over did it a little bit and my knee and shoulder started hollering. The pain kept me away from the gym for the rest of the year save a trip or two.

My goals for 2007 are simple. To take one day at a time and keep counting calories and getting exercise and try to eat the right things. We are also going to continue on working on our credit and increase our FICO score so we can eventually buy a home of our own. Phillipians 4:13 will have to be our battle cry as we put our noses to the grindstone and take these goals on one step at a time. We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Help us dear Jesus to make a committment to do those things we know we should and give us strength and perserverance to make the right choices one moment and one day at a time.

James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: