Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New Look and New Feel for Blogger Blog

I can see that Blogger has been very busy in 2006. I have been using the blogger interface online now for several years and have not experienced the slightest problem with regards to posting to the blog or other people finding it. Several months ago I started a new blog for my Chief Propellerhead network and I chose to use the BETA version of Blogger. I liked what I saw then and I love what I see now. Big Kudos to Blogger for improving the look and functionality of Blogger. I feel like they gave us bloggers a Christmas present just in time.

One of the things that you will notice on the right side of my blog is my links section. I have put our church website, Low country Today and other sites of interest. Feel free to view them at your leisure. Gosh, I just remembered that I left out the Dallas Cowboys Website link. I would be remiss in leaving that out I suppose since I am such a HUGE Dallas Cowboys FAN.

I am happy to say that I am off until next Wednesday. That means six days of NO work. Whoopee. If I wanted to be I could be off from work until the 2Nd of January. I decided that my budget could not afford my being off that long without pay and managed to find something to do for Wed , Thursday and Friday of next week. That will equate to my paycheck not taking as much of a hit as it would have. I am still working as a temp at the college and until I become full time or find full time employment elsewhere when I don't work I don't get paid. So, if you are off for the holidays AND you are getting paid for it be so very thankful, not all of us are that fortunate.

It is five days until Christmas morning. I can not believe how fast 2006 flew past us. Where in the world did all of that time go? The year of 2006 has been pretty good to our family. Katy and I managed to stay gainfully employed this year and that has helped the budget tremendously. We are still suffering from some financial setbacks thanks to the 2001 - 2005 drought but hopefully in 2007 we will be able to see more daylight at the end of the debt tunnel.

We do not have any major plans for the holidays. We had wanted to go back to Texas to the Houston/Seguin area of the state to see family but we decided that we would be better off to just save what little funds we have and stay put this holiday season. We are talking about four days of driving just to get to Texas and back. That does not include all the driving we would be doing in the great state of Texas.

From our house to yours may you experience a blessed Christmas holiday and a prosperous New Year in 2007.


James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

1 comment:

James Moffitt said...

I love the new interface but I am finding out that I can only post to my blogs by going to the website and using the dashboard. I no longer can use Zoundry writer or w.bloggar interface to post a blog. That sucks... I hope they fix that soon