Saturday, September 23, 2006

Missing things


As much as I try to resist it I find myself turning to my laptop and blogging for much needed therapy. I have a saying. Everything has its place. Well, it is true. If you want to find something again give it a permanent home where it resides and always put it back there when you are done using it. In the last week three things have seemingly wandered off despite our best efforts and keeping them in their respective homes. The first two items that are missing are Justin's hamsters Huggy and Sniffy. Trust me when I tell you that I was not involved in the name creation but I was involved in the adoption process. I not only paid good money for the rodents but Justin and I both signed papers at Pets Mart swearing before God and country that we would be responsible rodent owners. We got Huggy and Sniffy sometime last year. Every since then they both have been stinking up Justin's room as well as keeping the ferris wheel moving between the hours of 12 midnight and 6 am.


Several weeks ago Justin twisted Katy's arm and they bought a new and improved HOME for the rodents. I am not so sure what was so cool about the new cage but I do know that the rodents figured out how to break out of it OR our cat Bailey figured out how to break in and free them from captivity. Just the other day Justin told us that the cat was seen coughing up a fur ball and not too long after that one of the rodents, Sniffy, was pronounced missing. Sniffy was gone without a trace. Well, without a trace plus a fur ball the cat coughed up. I called the FBI to report a missing family member but when I had to give a physical description and one of the prime suspects was the family cat they told me they do not get involved in rodent/cat disputes. So much for that idea. As of this morning the other rodent, Huggy was pronounced missing by Justin. He thinks the RAT errrrr rodent is hiding somewhere in his room. If I were a rodent I can promise you that the last room I would hide in is Justin's room. That place is a natural disaster if I have ever seen one. Not only that but there is that god awful smell that we continually have to fight. I think that has to do with the animals constantly using his carpeting to tinkle on. Sigh.....


Now that I have the feline/hamster mystery fully disclosed here I can move on to the toothbrush fetish that one of the animals must have. I am thinking that the only way for me to figure out who was the culprit would be to do a breath freshness test with all the animals. You know the drill, stand up on your hind legs, open your mouth and say AAAHHHHHHH. LOL... I have lost two tooth brushes in the last several weeks. They are always located later all chewed up. The weird thing is it is not ever the handle that is chewed on but rather the bristles. Do the animals all of a sudden have an irresistible urge to practice good oral habits? I wonder if Bailey is snacking on hamsters in the middle of the night and then needs to go brush his teeth? Is that even possible?


The other thing that is missing is my love and appreciation for insurance companies. Insurance companies have never been on my top ten list with regards to favorite things to talk about. They rank right up there with politicians. Katy informed me last night that our health insurance is going up another 164.00 per month which means that they will be taking almost 600.00 per month out of her paycheck for insurance. They were already taking 432.00 out of her check for the last year for insurance. Open enrollment is coming up and I told Katy that she needs to see about dropping some options or whatever to see if we can lower that amount. I would LOVE to DROP that coverage however that is just not an option seeing that Katy and I are both baby boomer's in our middle 40's and we have teenage kids. I also found out that along with a bigger truck payment we are also the winners of a larger car insurance payment. I think that I need a substantial raise folks. LOL... The cost of living is going through the roof and our salaries are not going up to keep pace. The economists wonder why our economy is not booming. Could it be because no one can afford to go out and just spend money? We don't have any extra money to spend after we take care of the necessities.


OK, I think I feel much better now, thanks for listening. LOL...




Technorati :
Del.icio.us :
Ice Rocket :
Flickr :
Zooomr :
Buzznet :

2 comments:

Robbyn said...

I feel your pain. Jeremy had a hamster when he was about 10 and it got out at the apartment and we couldn't find it anywhere. Couple of days later we are sitting in the living room watching TV and in walks the cat and the hamster...side by side like they were the best old buds in the world! I think that may be the hamster that you had to dig out of the cage when it died in full running motion.

James Moffitt said...

Wow, I can not believe you actually read my blog. LOL. You must be really bored today. Yeah, I remember retrieving the dead hamster. LOL...