Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sudden Impact

All things come to an eventual end. My good luck with regards to not having had an automobile accident came to an end this afternoon around 12:55 when someone rammed my car from behind. I was sitting at a red light behind someone in a Jeep Cherokee minding my own business hoping the light would change so I could get to the local sports bar in Goose Creek for the kickoff of the Dallas Cowgirls and the NY Giants. So, as normal the light goes from red to green and off we go. That is until the Jeep in front of me stops suddenly. I managed to get stopped without hitting the person in front of me UNTIL a person behind me decided to not use their brakes and just ran slap into me. The next thing I know the front of my Pontiac is UNDER the back end of the Jeep Cherokee. The driver of the Honda behind me that rammed me from behind did not have their seat belt on and wound up making contact with the windshield with their forehead. I think that the poor chap probably wound up with a concusion and maybe even some neck trauma. I am a bit sore but none the worse for wear at this point. My poor car however is going to need both a nose job and rear end job. LOL... I will probably be driving a rental car for a while once the claims adjuster sets up the direct billing so I can get one tomorrow. Whatever you do, dont have a wreck between 5pm on Friday and 8 am on Monday or be sure you have 200.00 free on your credit card to secure a rental car.
Well, anyway, I know things could have been worse, much worse, however this fellow running into my car , that I JUST washed, was totally uncalled for. LOL... To add insult to injury the Cowgirls looked so pathetic this afternoon. OH MY GOSH, they sucked.

No comments: