Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Hump Day

Tick tock, tick tock. I am sitting here waiting for 3 minutes to pass so I can bounce a server here at the office after a planned patch upgrade to the Veritas Backupexec server. I figured there is no better time for me to jump in here and say a few words.
Justin, Katy and I have still been fighting the cold bug since I arrived back from Florida. I can not tell you how much fun that has been. I know, I know, things could be worse BUT I am praying for things to be better on the home front with regards to this nasty bug we are fighting. There is something to be said for good physical and mental health. Amen??
I have been trying to catch up on my RSS feeds lately and ran across a new photo album site called Flickr. Check out my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcmoffitt/ Yes, I know, you have probably already seen these on the OTHER photo album sites that I have. However, I have to say that this site is the EASIEST site of all to upload and manage your photos. You simply sign up for your free account and then download the upload utility for the OS you are running and then drag and drop the photos in Windows Explorer that you want to upload to your albums. The free account is only able to set up 3 photo albums and after that you just have to dump the images into your account. You are also limited as to how much bandwidth you can use per month vs space limitations. You can upgrade to a PRO account for 24.95 per year or 2.00 per month which is very reasonable to me.
Well the server upgrade went well, the server bounced just fine and landed back on the floor (giggle) all in one piece and now everyone can resume their file and print services as normal.
I guess that is all for now, have a GREAT day wherever you are and whatever you decide to do.
Hugs

No comments: