Thursday, November 03, 2005

God things

We arrived back here at 5 am on Wed morning. I slept from 6 am until 1pm yesterday, ran some errands and crashed again at 9:30pm and got up again at 4am. My body just can not seem to stay in a horizontal position for longer than 6 hours at a time. I woke up at 4 am and wound up having a chest cold and sore throat. JOY!!!!! I stayed up until about 10:30 am, went to breakfast with my friend Chuck and then crashed and burned until around 1:30 pm when I got up , checked my e-mail and then took Justin and two of his buddies over to Fran's house to rake leaves. The boys did such a good job the lady gave them an extra five bucks on top of the ten that I gave them. We ran out of daylight so tomorrow we will go back and finish the job. Good job boys!!
While I was out and about I had something neat happen to me. So neat in fact I want to write about it. I had two of my male friends call me to find out how I was doing. The first thing that goes through my mind when someone calls is to wonder what they want from me. You know the type, the friend that calls you friend especially when they want something from you. Well, my friends Rick and Jorge helped me to renew my faith in my friends because they both called me just to chat and see how I am doing. I can not tell you what a blessing that is to me. I know that neither one of them will read this blog but I want to go on record and say THANK YOU my friends for checking on me. It means so much to me.
I forgot that I have a praise report to give you. You might be saying to yourself, what the heck is a praise report. Well, simply put a praise report is a positive situation where I feel that God intervened in my life and I want to give God the praise, honor and glory. Anyway, we left Ft Lauderdale Florida last night around 4:45 pm and arrived in Charleston around 5 am. We stopped in Daytona Beach at exit 261 around 9pm and ate at Cracker Barrell and waited for the other van in our caravan to catch up with us so we could use their gas card to fuel up both vans. I drove the first leg of the journey from Ft Lauderdale to Daytona Beach which was about 400 miles in four hours. Mr Morris took the wheel from there and we hit the road again around 10:30pm. On I-95 North on our way to Georgia around 1:30 am I was asleep in the front passenger seat when I was awakened by Mr. Morris saying OH SH** and swerving the van around the left side in traffic. I woke up in time to see this white mini van sitting in the middle lane with no lights and just sitting still. We probably missed it by inches. There was another car that did not manage to miss the car without losing control and spinning into the ditch. All in all I dont think anyone got hurt badly out of this incident. The God Thing in all of this is that we were able to get around this car without hitting it and staying on the road.
The scary thing is that this happened so quickly that none of us had any time to do anything other than just react to what we were seeing. It reminds me of our mortality and that we are all appointed a time to die. None of us know when this moment will happen but rest assured, it will. The question is, are we ready or do we think that just because we are young (in our minds) that we have plenty of time to get our lives in order? Where will we spend etermity? When we step out of this life into eternity will God say "well done my faithful servant" or will God say " go away from me you wicked person, I know you not". If you have not given this thought please think about it and be sure that you know that you know without a shadow of a doubt that you will enter into heaven and not hell. God loves you so much and his desire is that you will spend eternity in heaven with Him for eternity.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his ONLY begotten son that whomsoever belives on Him will not perish but have everlasting life".
That is all you need to know. God loves you and HE has made arrangements for you to spend eternity in heaven. All you have to do is to repent of yoru sins (Romans says we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) and accept the gift of Grace (Christ hanging on the cross for the sins of man past present and future) and ask God to come into your life and be your Lord and Savour.
My prayer is that you will chose to accept Christ into your life, repent of your sins and receive the grace of God, forgiveness of sins and a new purpose for your life for now and eternity.
God bless

No comments: