Friday, August 12, 2005

Which way will Irene go?

According to the news articles I just read on the NET Irene is still a tropical storm BUT it may be upgraded to hurricane strength sometime Friday night. Well, I suppose that is expected as the experts have predicted that the folks on the East Coast and the Gulf of Mexico can EXPECT to see a LOT of hurricane activity this year. We have until October/November before hurricane season is over and I predict that Charleston SC will probably see some activity. Even if Irene nails the outer banks of NC we will get a lot of rain and high wind. That is better than a direct hit but nonetheless with Charleston being below sea level we will experience some pretty high tides and plenty of flooding in downtown.
Ok, now that I have the weather portion of this blog completed let me say that not much has changed here. Pretty much same ole thing going on. The kids are back in school and Katy has started her new job as a TEACHER for Charleston County this year. Between now and the 22nd Katy will be attending workshops and Inservice training with other new teachers. Katy is just glowing with all of this new activity in her life even if it is sapping her of all her extra energy. Speaking of that WE need to find a way to get into the bed before 12 midnight. LOL...
I was off from work today and was HOPING to get to sleep past 7 am when Kristina (our princess) woke me up in the process of waking up her brother this morning at 6 am. So, I have been up and at em every since 6 am. Katy and I both crashed and burned this afternoon/evening on our respective TV sleeping positions (LOL) and missed Judge Judy. So, now that happy nappy time is over we can sip coffee and get supper to cooking.
I went to my SECOND interview at MUSC today. It was more of the same unfortunatly. Today I got to answer the same question I had answered before except that the shift supervisors were in attendance to listen to my answers. I think that I am still in the running for one of the three positions and should know more by next Wed when they are supposed to make a decision

No comments: