Tuesday, July 26, 2005

How HOT will it get folks?

I spent the day down at the Charleston County office building running an xray machine checking folks purses, baggage, and brief cases for weapons. How much fun can that be? It rates just above watching grass grow folks. LOL... The important thing is I have a job no matter if I like it or not. There certainly ARE worse jobs to have. For instance, the temperatures got up to 122 (heat index) today in parts of the low country and I spent 9.5 hours in the 73 degree interior of this building. How nice was that ? I certainly could appreciate my situation and am very thankful I am not on some road crew or construction site sweating my brains out doing manual labor. Amen ??
For now it looks like I will be working days during the week with Friday's off and will still work the weekends which will equate to around 60 hours per week. I will be ALMOST making the same amount of money doing this job at 60 hours per week vs only working 40 hours on my computer job. Oh well, we owe , we owe, off to work I go.
Katy got a call today from the principal where she got hired and told her that she could feel free to come check out her new classroom and start to fix it up like she wanted to. Katy was pretty excited about that and found out that she will be going to orientation next Tuesday with the other newly hired teachers. Katy also found out that she will be getting more money than anticipated thanks to a raise that was approved for Charleston County teachers.
Have you checked out Google Earth yet? If not you are in for a treat. However you are going to NEED a very FAST computer and TONS of resources to be successful running it. I am currently running it on a 1.4 GHZ machine with 512 mb of RAM and a 32mb video card. I found out you can run Google Earth in DirectX mode or Opengl mode. I decided to run Google Earth in DirectX mode and it ran fine for several minutes and then for some unexplained reason my video kicked into 640x480 video mode. I rebooted the system and everything went back to normal so who knows, maybe a bug... Anyway you can search for addresses , locations etc and see a three dimensional photo of the location you want to look at. There is a 10mb download and you have to install the application to access their server.
Take care and sweet dreams.

No comments: