Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ooopsie daisey.....


Our family took a walk with the dogs again tonight. We do this on a fairly regular basis. It is a desperate effort to get away from the TV, Internet and find the time to be together as a family. It also serves the purpose of giving the mutts and opportunity to do their business and give us some much needed exercise. Well, the walk went good up until the point where we were headed down the hill to go home. You know the saying, you must be a redneck if instructions to your house include "turn off the paved road". Instructions to our house includes pass the old oak tree at the top of the hill, drop off the pavement and go to the bottom of the hill and look for 159 Mapleridge Dr on the left. On the way down the hill I noticed the beautiful wolf type dog that is always tied up and does not get paid any attention. My intention was to steer my two clodhoppers over in his general direction when my left foot hit a hole or whatever and down I went. OUCHIE.... Gosh how embarrasing was that. Fall flat on my face in front of the DOGS, wife and kids. Luckily it was dark outside and I think most folks were not noticing my accidental spill. LOL... I guess that the next time that I decide to go for a walk I will do it when it is still daylight so I can see where I am putting my clumsy feet. For now it looks like I hobbled away from this experience with two banged up knees and two twisted ankles.

No comments: