Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tuesday April 11, 2005

There is nothing more awesome than family. Do you know what I mean? It feels good to be at home surrounded with my family and watching them go about their daily lives. It is good to be at home this evening sitting here at the computer listening to praise and worship music on the computer and writing in one of my blogs.
I can listen to the praise and worship cd because Katy and I fixed the computer recently. Katy diagnosed it and I fixed it. LOL... How do you like them apples? The sound magically quit working several weeks ago without warning. We are running Windows 2000 Professional on the pc here at home because the BIOS does not fully support XP Professional for some reason. Anyway, one day the sound just quit working and when I went into the device manager I noticed that the audio controller had a red x on it and was not working. So, I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it to no avail. So, I figured that the audio controller on the motherboard was toast and just gave up. I NEVER thought to check the sound card and give consideration that it was bad. After all, I have had this computer for 5+ years.
Yesterday Katy told me that she ran the Windows troubleshooting wizzard and it told her that the sound card was bad. So, on a hunch I went to Wallyworld and purchased the new sound card and installed it. Well, since I am listening to music on the PC you can figure out the rest. Sometimes it pays to go back to the basics and not assume that the problem is more complicated than it really is. It sure is good to have sound on the computer again. Thanks Katy!!
Katy went to an interview today at MUSC in hopes that they will hire her which would be just in time for summer break. So, if you would, say a prayer that the interviewer and powers to be at MUSC will find favor in Katy and she will get an offer soon. I too am trolling the waters for a BETTER paying job. I am thankful for the job I have but I am still way under employed with regards to the salary that I am used to making and NEED to make in order to get the finances back on track. So, I suppose that is also a prayer request for me.
Gosh will American Idol ever end? LOL It seems as if this has been going ON and ON and ON. Justin and Kristina (and Katy) just LOVE American Idol..
Well that is it for now. Chow !!

No comments: