Saturday, January 01, 2005

The New Year first day


Our day started out around 7:30 am today when the phone rang next to the bed. US Security called and said "Arent you supposed to be at the County Office Building this morning James?" Groggily I said " not that I know about". The voice on the other end of the line says " He (as in Capt Bassett) wrote your name in the schedule this week" . I responded by saying that Capt Basset usually calls me and asks me if I want to work Saturdays since my only scheduled day is the 3 to 11 shift on Sundays. If they had called me and asked me if I wanted to work New Years Day I would have probably said no anyway. Thanks to the way the holidays fell this year with most of them falling on a weekend I really did not get any time off during the holidays. So, with that in mind I had already determined that I was not working New Years day.

I spent most of the morning installing software back on the home computer and configuring the computer some more. I installed Adobe Photo Shop 7, Mozilla Firefox, Pluck and Metacafe. I spent some time online chatting with friends via Yahoo and AOL IM. Katy and I ate breakfast out on the porch this morning while we waited on Kristina to come back from the youth getaway in Greer SC last night. At about 10:30 am Heather rolled up and dropped off Kristina so we spent time talking to Heather and her mom for about 30 min out in the driveway. They are doing such a wonderful job with the youth at our church. We have approximately 35 members in regular attendance and about 10 to 12 of those 35 are youth who are from the ages of 9 to 15. Heather is working on teaching the youth how to do drama and recently spent about 6 weeks getting ready to do a drama presentation for the church just before Christmas. Kristina was involved in the activities and I must say that she not only puts her heart and soul into what she is doing but she seems to be very talented in this area.

I had to stop what I was typing there for a second thanks to one of the C17 Transport carriers from the airport flying directly overhead. It seemed as if the darn monster plane was right on top of the treeline. Whew, that was TOO close for comfort and for some reason it seemed WAY TOO LOW for my comfort. I was puckered up waiting to hear the sounds of ripping metal as it tore our double wide trailer apart and carried us over into Chucks yard or whatever. Luckily for me and for the pilots they managed to clear the tress and now I can relax and continue with my thoughts. Where was I?

Oh yes, what we did today. Once the Glisson duo left the end of the hill down here in slumlord haven Katy and I headed over the Regal Cinema 18 theatre and watched Meet the Fockers. OMG that was TOO FUNNY. hahahahahaha I told Katy when we left the movie that I wonder how many families are somewhat like that one in a lot of ways. If you want to see a good movie that will make you laugh go see it. You wont be sorry.

We have landed back at the house and plan on snuggling up next to the TV to watch Law and Order Criminal Intent for the next two or three hours and then hopefully get a full nights rest where Katy nor I will wake up every two hours because of either the darn dogs or my cough that I can not seem to kick.

I hope you had a relaxing day today and that your new year started out peacefully.

God bless

No comments: