Monday, May 24, 2004

School ending & Summer Beginning


Our children are growing up before our very eyes. Just the other day we registered our kids for the 2004 school year and now that year has flown right past our eyes. Kristina and Justin both managed to survive the year and even came out of the experience by learning some valuable lessons and gaining some awards and acknowledgement from their peers and teachers. I am going to have to build a shrine (book case) for Kristina's bedroom to hold all of the awards, trophies and such. Kristina was on the A B honor roll this year and had perfect attendance. Tomorrow we will be going to the awards ceremony at her school at 8:30 am. Today Katy went to Justin's school and ate lunch with him and attended his awards ceremony in which he received the "Best Author" award and "Best Otter" award as well. Justin went from struggling with his reading and speech skills to bringing his level up to the grade level he was in this year which is a HUGE accomplishment for him. Gosh, I am so proud of my children. Lets not forget my son Jeremy. Jeremy is graduating from High School this coming Thursday and thanks to Happy Days and Special Times I will be able to be there to watch him walk across the podium and take his certificate. Jeremy will be going on to college thanks to some Band scholorships and the help of his parents. I wish that I could take more credit for Jeremy's accomplishments but I can not. Jeremy has turned out to be quite a young man that makes me very proud. Jeremy has overcome some pretty big hurdles in his life and has shown me and others that he is capable of doing what he puts his mind to. Jeremy will be going to community collge next year and then going on to a university setting the following year.


It has been almost 3 years since our Jessica graduated from this world into the presence of God. I can not imagine the experiences our girl has lived in the last several years being in the presence of God. I ask God almost every day to hug our Jessica and let her know that her daddy will never forget her. I know that I spend more time in my blog bragging and talking about the children that are here on this earth as we know it but that does not mean that Jessica has left my mind or my thoughts. Jessica is still very much a part of our family and even though she is not here to share in the scholastic achievements of her brothers and sisters we know that her spirit lives on forever and that we will see her again one day when the Lord calls us home.



No comments: