Friday, February 27, 2004

Chapter 37 - God wants to say something to the world through me

Verse to remember- be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you, but do with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15-16

Question – as I reflect on my personal story, who does God want me to share it with?


“God has given me a life message to Share” This message has four parts

Testimony
Life lessons
Godly passions
Good news

Our testimony should contain four parts

What my life was like before I met Jesus
How I realized I needed Jesus
How I committed my life to Jesus
The difference Jesus has made in my life

Life lessons are lessons and insights you have learned about God, relationships, problems, temptations, and other aspects of life. Here are some questions I should answer.

What has God taught me from failure?
What has God taught me from lack of money?
What has God taught me from pain, sorrow or depression?
What has God taught me from disappointment?
What have I learned from my family, my church, my relationships, my small groups and my critics?

“ A mans heart determines his speech”

“Your life message includes the good news. The good news is that when we trust Gods grace to save us through what Jesus did, our sins are forgiven, we get a purpose for living, and we are promised a future home in heaven.”

“I must learn to love lost people the way God does”






God made me to be

A member of His family
A model of his character
A magnifier of His glory
A minister of His grace
A messenger of His Good News to others

“That is why spreading the good news is so important; you only have a short time to share your life message and fulfill your mission.”

WOW and DOUBLE WOW!!!

To answer the question for this chapter God wants me to share my life story with everyone. I should share my personal story with both believers and non believers. Different people will relate to the different life stories and lessons and hopefully Christ will be glorified and others will experience a measure of HOPE and healing as they see Christ in the midst of my life experiences. I am motivated to buy some gospel tracts and copies of this book to pass on to everyone in my life.


James Moffitt
http://www.jesus-connect.net/jcmoffitt
moffittj@bellsouth.net

No comments: